13 Oct 2015
Chad Parker, Borescope Consultant, helped RF System Lab kick off the busy trade show season the last week of September at WEFTEC in Chicago, IL. From September 26th through the 30th, attendees got a chance to interact with companies and service providers at the annual water quality gathering. RF System Lab got its feet wet in its inaugural appearance at the conference and exhibit.
Chad was there to offer free hands-on demos of the VJ-Advance (VJ-ADV) video borescope to WEFTEC attendees. He brought along 2.8mm, 3.9mm, and 6.9mm diameter scopes in order to show the versatility that the VJ-ADV offers.
Until the end of the year, RF System Lab will be attending many tradeshows all over the country. If you missed us at WEFTEC in Chicago, look for us at the following shows during October, or visit www.rfsystemlab.us to learn more about our no-cost, no-rep demo program!
AEROCON – Houston, TX. October 12- 14. Booth 949.
Automotive Testing – Novi, MI. October 19-22. Booth 8044.
ASNT Annual Conference – Salt Lake City, UT. October 25-28. Booth 218.
The Quality Show – Rosemont, IL. October 26-29. Booth 518.
J St. John returned to the RF System Lab office yesterday after a week in Dayton, Ohio for the Turbine Engine Technology Symposium (TETS). TETS took place September 8-11 at the Dayton Convention Center and focused on the newest advances in the turbine engine industry.
Representing RF System Lab onsite was borescope expert J St. John. J had the opportunity to present the VJ-Advance (VJ-ADV) video borescope to exhibitors and attendees. The VJ-ADV received incredible attention and interest, especially with the increased capabilities and technology available within additive manufacturing. Technology advancements, including 3D printing, has heightened the need for precise inspection of internal parts. The VJ-ADV, with its joystick-controlled 4-way articulation and ultra-thin 2.8mm insertion tube diameter, is a great fit for the industry.
J St. John also had a chance to make some great connections… and even visit with some local clients. Todd Mackey of Century Inc. Machining Heat Treatment, a fellow Traverse City based company, stopped by the RF System Lab booth to chat about the VJ-Advance that Century owns. Additionally, J had the pleasure of meeting great representatives from the following companies:
- CD-adapco, the world’s largest independent CFD focused provider of engineering simulation software, support and services
- Energy Research Consultants (ERC), a company that addresses the need for the application of experimental and numerical modeling tools to challenges associated with various engineering systems
- Florida Turbine Technologies Inc., a progressive energy and aerospace company specializing in design, development, manufacture and testing of turbomachinery components and systems for aircraft engines, space propulsion and industrial gas turbines
- Honeywell, a provider of gas turbine engines to power UAVs, Helicopters and battlefield tanks
- Incodema 3D, whose capabilities include sheet metal stampings, metal forming, laser cutting, Microcut, photo chemical machining, wire EDM, DMLS and CNC machining to SLA, Polyjet, FDM and urethane castings
- Lockheed Martin, a global security and aerospace company that employs about 113,000 people worldwide
- MDS Coating Technologies Corporation, a company that designs, manufactures, and tests protective coatings for gas turbine engines used in the aerospace, commercial and defense industries
- Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems, a premier developer, integrator, and producer or manned and unmanned aircraft, space systems and advanced technologies critical to our nation’s security
- Parametric Solutions, a “one-stop shop” for advanced technology rigs where speed, creativity and risk management are combined with aggressive determination and ownership to meet technical objectives, schedule and cost
- Pratt & Whitney, a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power unites, and small turbojet propulsion products
- Spectral Energies LLC, a company that utilizes advanced technologies in optics, photonics, active sensing and numerical analysis to solve real-world problems encountered in thermal-fluid, energy, propulsion, and aerospace systems.
- Universal Technology Corporation, who principally conducts Research and Development for customers within the government and private sectors
- UTC Aerospace Systems, a company that designs, manufactures and services integrated systems and components for the aerospace and defense industries
- Williams International, whose display included examples of advanced demonstrator engines developed and tested as part of the VAATE program.
J St. John thoroughly enjoyed connecting with the reps from the above companies and wanted to especially thank Spectral Energies who, being Dayton residents, helped him to find an excellent burger meal at Chappy’s Taproom and Grill.
If you were not in attendance at TETS and therefore did not get a chance to test out the VJ-ADV, you can still try one out at your own facility! RF System Lab offers a no cost, no demo program, which you can sign up for right here. To find out more about the free borescope demo or to chat with a borescope expert, you can call the RF System Lab office at 888-747-6526 or visit the RF System Lab website.
Learn more about the importance and usage of thinner diameter borescopes in the latest edition of Aviation Maintenance Magazine. The article features the ultra-thin VJ-Advance 2.8mm articulating video borescope; we were pleased to provide insight into how smaller borescopes are opening up a plethora of new inspection capabilities, especially in the aviation and aerospace industries.
25 Jul 2014
RF System Lab is proud to welcome new customers from the month of July in a multitude of industries. RF System Lab’s most recent client list includes companies from multiple industries, including Power Generation, Oil and Gas, Energy, Casting, and Food Processing.
One of RF System Lab’s newest customers in the Food Processing industry is MillerCoors. MillerCoors is a leading US brewing company that is a joint venture between SABMiller and Molson Coors Brewing Company. They required a high-quality borescope to complete processed piping sanitation inspections and ensure that their pipes were clean and had no leakage. With a reputation of quality products on the line, MillerCoors needed to make sure to invest in a borescope that could help them complete sanitation inspections with confidence.
Another new VJ-Advance video borescope user is National Mechanical Services. National Mechanical Services, a well-known power generation field service company specializing in generators, heavy rotating equipment and outside machinery repairs, purchased the 6.9mm – 3m VJ-Advance video borescope to assist with power generator service and repair. One notable use of the versatile 6.9mm VJ-ADV is complex stator end winding inspections to ensure that they are not melted or damaged.
RF System Lab is proud to have world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting, PCC Structurals, as a new customer. PCC Structurals purchased the 2.8mm VJ-ADV to take advantage of the benefits that a super-slim articulating video borescope provides. Having the ability to easily ensure that holes in casted parts were not blocked and that internal passageways did not contain any foreign object debris (FOD) after removing the casting mold is crucial to any casting business. For this reason, many casting companies struggle with rigid-style borescopes, so investing in a video borescope with 360 degree articulation and a high-resolution camera with video capabilities was an easy decision for PCC Structurals.
RF System Lab would like to extend a thank you to these new clients, as well as all additional clients not listed here. If you would like to demo the VJ-Advance video borescope, you can sign up for a no-cost, no-obligation demo program. For more information on RF System Lab, please visit our website (www.rfsystemlab.us) or call 855-787-6966 to speak with one of our borescope experts about your specific internal inspection needs.